The era of the internet revolution has changed the lives of teenagers. Internet is available for almost all people due to significant development, availability, and affordability. Even teenagers are completely inclined towards the powerful internet. Access to the internet has become easier and affordable. The Internet is used in various domains for research work, homework, chat rooms, e-mail, and other purposes. Teenagers have internet access either at their schools or at home. These days teenagers prefer their phone; hence the majority of them have internet access. They usually use the internet for social networking or is also being used for some project work. According to the study, the Internet has become so popular that students access it at least once a day and spend around 8.1 hours weekly.
Internet is one such platform that acts as a pool of information to find anything you require. Life has become easy since every work can be done with the help of the internet. It is even said that the teenagers who spend most of their time on the internet are physically less active and fit as compared to other children. So we cannot predict just by these things whether the internet is a boon or a bane. Whatever the outcome is, but the internet is the need of the hour. Unfortunately, despite many advantages, the internet is still considered to be an unsafe zone for teenagers. This is because they might become victims of the crime.
Internet is a Boon
- Internet is very beneficial when it provides educational opportunities for teenagers based on their interests and abilities. Teenagers find studying more fun and exciting when it is accompanied by some interesting audio or video information. The internet increases the emotional impact of the lessons and makes the process of learning more interesting for teenagers.
- Internet is not only useful for learning but is also a powerful source for making efficient communication as well. E-mail, chatting, video-calling have given a new way to impart knowledge through the internet. There are many applications that support these functionalities. A Parental App is one such application that would help you in monitoring your kid.
- Internet even provides a wide range of learning styles like independent learning, development of research skills, and access to various resources, etc.
- Internet is the most time-efficient tool which is used by teachers. It even helps in improvising the curriculum by adding various internet-based activities into their literacy curriculum. Teachers can also bring diversity to their teaching strategies.
- Even website publishing acts as a powerful tool; it generates enthusiasm and even results in good income generation.
- Career planning is another benefit of the internet. A teenager can seek guidance on various courses, prospects, and the options of their desired field of interest. It even gives an insight beforehand about their choice.
- Teenagers can even access various online payments for banking, shopping, etc. it even helps in time management. An android monitor app can be installed, which would help keep track of any monetary transaction your child is making.
Internet is a Bane
- Internet Addiction is one of the most common problems. This type of addiction is affecting a very large population. People are even consulting doctors for their or their child’s attachment to cyberspace. These can be related to personal as well as professional levels. The addiction can also include fondness towards online gambling or other non-essential internet activities.
- The teenagers spend a lot of time just sitting in front of the computers. They are busy with many activities like playing online games, chat online, instant messaging, surfing online, etc. These might be very non-productive activities for a kid. In such scenarios, a parental app can help seek the actions of their kid.
- Teenagers are unaware of various repercussions of using the internet; they might indulge in multiple illegal activities. Teenagers might also fall into the wrong company just out of curiosity or just for having fun.
- Another problem area is risky chatting the teenagers indulge in; real-life meeting with such sources may lead to torture, abduction, rape, or even death.
- According to a study, teenagers are even rejecting their genuine relations to create a space in their real life.
- Not only this, the internet also expose a child to various inappropriate information from a different unreliable website. This can lead to misinterpretation of multiple facts, as well as unwise judgments.
- Though the internet is full of information, everything may not be beneficial for us. Some information might be harmful to the future of our generation.
The question of whether the internet is a boon or a bane is quite debatable. Just like the advancements in technology, we have to look into both sides of the coin. We have introduced Phone Agent 007, to safeguard the teenagers who cannot identify what is right for them and what is not. It is one of the best apps for parental control.
You can track the calling information, as well as trace the location of your child. Phone Agent 007 has a wide list of features to know more you can visit our website.